- Benefits of Triphala for Hair
- How to Use Triphala Churna for Hair
- Methods to Apply Triphala Powder for Hair
Triphala means the mixture of three fruits. It is being used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine over the decades. It is formed by amalgamating three de-seeded fruits which have properties to cure several health problems including hair.
The Three fruits are Haritaki, Bibhitaki and Amalaki, blended together in a right proportion to form this triphala churna. Apart from various health benefits, it is a well-known remedy for hair problems. So here we are going to discuss how we can use triphala churna for hair. Let us go through the detail discussion:
Benefits of Triphala for Hair
We are very cautious of our hair health, and so we are in search of products that would take care of our hair health. It does not matter whether you are man or woman, hair matters a lot in our overall personality and looks. So hair care is must for all of us.
But before starting hair care routine its essential to improve our inner physical system that controls all the hair, skin and beauty factors. Unless we keep our digestive system healthy, all our efforts for hair care will come out with negative results. Triphala for hair is a well-recommended solution for every small hair problems like control of hair fall, stops hair loss, etc.
The incredible formula of Triphala is known for its extraordinary power to cure many health diseases, and at the same time, it works very well to improve overall hair health. So from ancient age triphala is the best remedy for your hairs that is in use. Here are few health benefits of triphala which influence the hair growing rate and healthy hair indirectly.
- It controls the bowl system by supporting healthy digestion and absorption of foodstuff.
- It protects our skin from generating free radicals which prevent standard improvement of hair.
- Triphala is an ayurvedic remedy for three doshes (Bayu, Pitta, and Caugh) in the human body and thus ensures a robust immune system.
- It’s a very useful detoxifier which removes the toxin and makes our health clean from inside.
- Triphala powder provides long healthy life and inhibits premature aging of hair and skin as it got the highest percentage of Vitamin C and antioxidants from its existing formula.
Now let us check how triphala powder for hair is useful to us:
A) Boost Up Hair Volume
Triphala Churna works actively on hair texture to increase the hair volume. The active formula of its ingredients like Haritaki has antibacterial and antifungal power to combat with any kind of infection on the scalp that prevents hair growth. Moreover, Triphala powder can reduce dandruff which is the great enemy of hair growth.
B) Regenerate Hair Growth
Hair growth depends on a lot of our health condition. We experience hair fall when we get a terrible liver condition and poor digestion. So Triphala Churna can clean our digestive system and immunity power to regenerate hair growth.
The magic fruit Amla, which is one of the three ingredients in Triphala Churna, is the abundant source of Vitamin c, Iron, Phosphorous and especially the protein named Keratin which is responsible for the fundamental of hair growth.
It supplies essential fatty acids and vitamin B3 (Niacin) to the hair shaft to make them strong enough.
C) For Shining Hair
Our hair looks dull not only for exposing to dust and ultra violate rays of Sun, but also due to the toxin produced and deposited in our body. We need to flush out the toxin at regular interval to keep our body clean and healthy.
Triphala Churna Can does wonder to reduce body toxicity and thus it works as a cleanser and helps to bring back the lost shine of your hair. Also, it damages the free radicals that influence premature hair greying and hair thinning.
Apart from this, the Amla acts to close the hair pores or cuticles and lock the fatty acid inside the hair root. As a result, our hair shines and reflects the light like a mirror.
D) To Moisturize Hair Roots
Hair roots are the central part of the hair strands. As the roots of a tree help it to stick to the soil, just like that a strong hair root contributes a lot as far as hair fall and hair loss is concerned.
Regular use of chemical shampoo and lack of nourishment makes our hair roots weaker day by day. As a result, we experience hair fall, and our hair volume gets thinner. With all the triphala benefits for hair, it’s also the power of moisturizing the hair shaft is equally essential.
Dry and frizzy hair falls rapidly as they lack proper hydration. Moisturisers we get on the application of triphala powder locks the moistures and protect our hair from external damage. Our hair recovers the smoothness and suppleness.
E) Manage Spilt Ends and Frizzy Hair
Spilt ends are the condition of the Hair shaft that cause hair ends to fray. The reason behind this is stress caused by harmful chemicals and lack of nourishment and hair care.
Triphala churna shows its amazing effects on hair as each of its ingredients contains essential oils that prevent dryness and stop hair ends to split. It reduces tangles and makes hair resistance to break down.
How to Use Triphala Churna for Hair
There are two best methods to incorporate the goodness of Triphala into your beauty routine. The first one is you can consume it and the second one is you can apply it to your scalp. It’s entirely your preference in which way you will get the benefit. Now Triphala Churna is available in dried powder form, so you can easily use it.
Here are few methods to consume it:
- With Warm Water or Milk: Take one glass of warm water or warm milk. Add two tablespoonful of Triphala Churna in it. Mix it well. Few drops of lemon juice can be added to it. Take this liquid mixture every day morning on an empty stomach. It will act as a tonic for your health.
- With Honey: Take two tablespoon of Triphala Churna in a bowl. Add one teaspoonful of honey into it and mix it well to form a paste. Now you will love to consume it as the astringent and bitter taste will disappear, don’t forget to take a glass of water after it.
- In Tablet Form: Those who have got less time to make mixture may consume Triphala Churna in a tablet form which is available in any medical shop.
Methods to Apply Triphala Powder for Hair
Surprisingly, there are as many ways to use Triphala Churna to solve your annoying hair problems like hair thinning, hair greying, hair falling, and dandruff and so on.
1) For Hair Growth:
Use it instead of shampoo. Triphala Churna is good for all kind of hair to wash. It reduces oil efficiently from the hair. You can just avoid the chemical shampoo.
- Wet your hair.
- Take some Triphala Churna on your palm and apply on the scalp with a gentle massage.
- After you covered all the hair strands wait for 2 minutes and wash it off with water.
Benefits: Regular use in this way will condition your hair, and as a result, you will find your hair softer and shiner more than before. Besides this, the massage on the scalp will boost up the blood flow and promote the hair root to grow.
2) To Prevent Hair Loss, Scalp & Dandruff
- Take three to four spoonful of aloe vera juice from a freshly cut aloe vera leaf.
- Take equal quantity of Triphala Churna.
- Mix it well to form a thick paste.
- Apply to your scalp and along the hair length.
- Keep it for at least 30 minutes and wash it with light warm water.
Benefits: Alovera and Triphala both are the massive storage of antioxidants and essential nutrients for hair. So when it mixed up, it works from both sides on hair and scalp.
Alovera supplies the keratin which is the natural protein for hair growth, and it also keeps the hair and scalp hydrated. On the other hand, Triphala churna fights common infection like scalp itching, dandruff and prevent hair fall.
3) To Prevent Hair Greying & Whitening
- Put a wide pan on the gas oven. Keep the flame in simmer position.
- Pour three to four spoonful of pure coconut oil into it.
- Add two tablespoonful of triphala churna into the warm coconut oil and stir it well to make a thick paste for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Apply it on the scalp with fingers so that it could reach to the root of hair strands with a gentle massage. Thus you can get the benefits of triphala for hair most conveniently.
- Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse it off with water.
Benefits: Coconut oil is the best oil for hair as it contains all the natural nutrients and when it mixed with Triphala Churna, both amalgamate to give your hair they required as nourishment and fulfil the deficiencies. It’s a perfect solution to stop premature hair greying problems.
4) To Make Ayurvedic Homemade Shampoo:
You can use Triphala powder with other ayurvedic ingredients to make your own formula to wash and clean your hair.
- You need Reetha (soap nut), Shikakai and Triphala Churna.
- Keep the Reetha balls in water for overnight and then peel off the skin. Make it dry enough to form a powder on grinding.
- Take adequate quantity (3 to 4 spoon full). Of shikakai powder. Henna powder, Triphala Churna and Reetha powder in each in a bowl and mix it in dry condition. Your home made herbal shampoo is ready to use.
- Wet your hair first and take the require quantity of this mixed powder (as per your hair length) and gently rub on the scalp and along the hair length.
- You will find gentle foam with a sweet fragrance. After, you clean your hair wash it off.
Benefits: This herbal shampoo has all the benefits of triphala and other golden herbs, which has proven useful for hair care and hair growth. This herbal shampoo keeps your hairs’ moisturize level in the balance as it contains no harsh detergents so that you will feel the softness always.
Moreover, it works as a cleanser and makes your hairs clean from all dust and dead cells and leaves your hair silkier and shiner for a long time. The shampoo is preservative free and hair friendly, so you can use whenever you need for a wash. It is also a better solution for hair fall and hair loss as it makes hair smooth and supple.
5) Triphala Churna Hair Musk:
To make this hair musk, all you need are three to four teaspoonfuls of Triphala powder, two teaspoonfuls of olive oil and the yolk of an egg. Mix all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
How to Use:
- Wet your hair.
- Apply the Triphala paste with fingers on the scalp and cover all the hair roots.
- Also use along the length of your hair and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with water and at least do this once in a month to get the better result.
Benefits: As we all know triphala can simply revitalize the hair strands, and when it mixes up with olive oil and egg yolks it supplies essential oil and protein to hair shafts. So with this musk, we get triphala’s benefits for hair as well as nutrients supplements.
6) To Control Hair Fall & Reduce Dandruff
Triphala would give you a good result if you add few drops of lime juice into it.
- Boil Triphala powder in one cup of water for 10 minutes with one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Strain the liquid in a clean glass jar and add two or three drops of lemon juice into it. Massage it gently onto your hair shafts.
Benefits: Lemon juice is very good to reduce dandruff, and it brings shines to hair. Fenugreek seed or Methi is best known for its hair fall control and hair regrowth. So when these ingredients mixed up together, it increases the strength and life of hair.
7) For Hair Moisturizing and Conditioning
- Add Triphala powder with adequate Mehendi powder to condition your hair
- Apply this paste once in a month so that you can get a long lasting shining and smoothness for your hair.
Benefits: This mixture of two beneficial powders will retain the moisturizer and condition your hair and prevent hair greying and roughness.
Triphala Churna is a gift of Ayurvedic from our mother nature which is being used in for the wellness of mankind. As we all lead a fast social life, it’s the necessity of the hour is to stay fit and beautiful from in and outside.
Moreover, we are prone to junk foods and have to face the pollution and dust to a great extent, and it’s just impossible to keep the shine and smoothness of hair. They get dull every time we come from our office or outside.
So friends, if the situation is like this what could be more helpful than an ayurvedic medicine full of amazing components and free of any side effects. But don’t worry; Triphala is just another one-stop solution to take care of your hair and all hair related problems.
Try it, and enjoy the Triphala’s multiple benefits for hair to get your glossy and lustrous, voluminous hair. I am quite sure; you would able to catch envious glance everywhere.
Related Article: How to Get Gorgeous Hair with Amla, Reetha & Shikakai?